Planting as School Ends

Photo credits to Harshvir Kaur

Kavita Parasuraman, Staff Writer

By the time this article is posted it will be June 8th, which means there are only ten days of school left! Of course it is exciting since in the next two months, it is time for students to enjoy the sun and partake in exciting activities. Yet with less than two weeks left, teachers are assigning students projects and with the last week of school comes the quarterlies. Although such things are stressful just with the thought that school is almost over should make all feel much better.

Another highlight of the end of the year are the many end-of-the year parties for clubs and the final meetings for the clubs. One club, the Environmental Club, actually decided to plant in the courtyard. The vegetables, which they had already planted during their February meeting, needed to be kept in areas with more space. The courtyard, being the perfect place, since there are six large ‘crates’ in which the plants will be placed in soon. At their latest meeting, the members took the weeds out and spread out the soil. Their hard work was much appreciated due to the beating sun, yet they pulled through.

The members next hope to place the plants in the crates but they face another challenge. Over the summer, they do not know how the plans will be watered since members can not come back into the school. Hopefully they are able to come up with a solution since they have been keeping the plants striving for the past five months. Make sure to listen to the announcements for the next Environmental Club meeting because it sure will be helpful if many people join!

On a final note, I hope everyone has a relaxing and safe summer vacation!