Powderpuff: Battle of the Classes

Tanmay Patel, Staff Writer

The long awaited Powderpuff game between the junior and senior classes, the class of 2019 and the class of 2018 respectively, has come and gone. On the sunny day of May 24th, 2018, the girls, coached by juniors and seniors from the high school varsity football team, played in front of an excited audience.

With history teacher Mr. Howard commentating, there was not a single dull moment. Players took no time in getting the game started, with Stephanie DeOcampo, junior and varsity girl’s soccer captain, scoring a touchdown on the first play of the game. Stephanie continued to dominate the game, scoring 2 touchdowns for the juniors. The game ended with the seniors losing to the juniors, with a score of 28 to 40.

The focus shifted to the hair-cutting stand at halftime. There was a massive increase in popularity from last year, and the barbers finally finished cutting hair at 8:30 at night, lasting much longer than the game had. There was so much demand for the hair-cutting stand, that there were still people waiting to get their hair cut before they stopped cutting hair. There was a wide range of people getting hair cut, from the Stand Up to Cancer club advisor Mr. Pastva, to one of the EMTs at the game. Once again, Stand Up to Cancer and Class Council has combined their forces to make one of the most anticipated events of every school year better than it has ever been, blowing expectations out of the water.