FBLA Prepares for States

Rehat Singh, Editor-in-Chief

Being one of SWMHS’s most popular clubs, many members of FBLA are preparing for the state competition, from March 20-22. Future Business Leaders of America, simply known as FBLA, is an organization that, through a series of academic competitions, helps high school students learn more about potential careers. It also gives students more scholarship opportunities and a chance to get awarded and recognized.

Sitting down with a handful of members from the club from various events, they had plenty to say about how their preparation was currently going.

“This is my first year at FBLA and I chose publication design as my event,” says Nicole Blemur (12), “I really wanted to participate in an event that I was passionate about.”

FBLA offers numerous events that cover a wide range of skill sets, which means that any student can find something that they really want to do. In addition, members can even work in groups or with a partner if they wish.

“I made sure that my partner was someone that I knew well and could work with,” Nicole said.  She then delved deeper into what she had to do for competition. “For the publication design event, we had to create a school. I had to go all out with a logo, mascot, etc. On competition day, my partner and I are going to present our school to the judges. We’re going up against other schools, but I’m not sure how many.”

Taking place in Atlantic City, the FBLA state competition will certainly be a memorable event, as it always is.