Echo Lites

The Student News Site of Sayreville War Memorial High School

Echo Lites

Echo Lites

Polls

How will you celebrate Halloween this year?

• Watch Halloween/scary movies (45%, 9 Votes)
  • Eat a lot of candy (20%, 4 Votes)
  • Do nothing (20%, 4 Votes)
  • Go trick-or-treating (10%, 2 Votes)
  • Go to a costume party (5%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 13

Loading ... Loading ...

$1.13 Billion Lottery Jackpot Winner is From New Jersey

Rishi Shah

Anything Can Happen In New Jersey! On Tuesday, March 26 in a ShopRite liquor store in Neptune Township, the New Jersey Lottery claimed a winning lottery ticket worth billions.

From Neptune Township to every corner of New Jersey, there was a wave of excitement, bringing everyone together after this news spread like wildfire.

Richard Saker, who is the CEO and president of Saker ShopRites, said the company will be donating the commission check it received for selling the winning ticket – worth $30,000  – to the charitable program Fulfill.

“I am very proud to accept this commission check,” Saker said. “This check will go directly to Fulfill, which is the local food bank that is right up the street from Monmouth and Ocean County. I’m sure the food bank is really going to appreciate this donation.”

This was the largest-ever drawing won here in New Jersey according to the NJ lottery and it has an astonishing cash value of $537.5 million.

However, the person who won the lottery is still a mystery, as they have not yet claimed their winnings.

View Comments (4)