Echo Lites

The Student News Site of Sayreville War Memorial High School

Echo Lites

Echo Lites

Polls

How will you celebrate Halloween this year?

• Watch Halloween/scary movies (45%, 9 Votes)
  • Eat a lot of candy (20%, 4 Votes)
  • Do nothing (20%, 4 Votes)
  • Go trick-or-treating (10%, 2 Votes)
  • Go to a costume party (5%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 13

Loading ... Loading ...

Club Shoutout: Sayreville Operation Similes

operation+smiles+
operation smiles

Sayreville Operation Smile Club is committed to enhancing the lives of children with cleft lip and palate problems locally and beyond. We want to raise funds, promote awareness, and show our support for our cause in order to ensure that every kid has the opportunity to smile.

The club would like to begin raising awareness by actively posting and spending some time focusing on creating educational content for the club’s Instagram (@swmhsoperationsmile).  We want to reach out to a wider audience and raise awareness about critical social issues related to our clubs values and missions.  We believe social media can be a powerful tool for spreading awareness and inspiring action, and our club is using it to achieve its objectives effectively.

To be more active in the school community, the club plans to focus some energy on spreading awareness of the club and promoting it to get more members. As more people get more involved,  the bigger the impact the club can have both locally and globally. 

Operation Smiles is on a path to create a well-structured fundraising strategy to ensure financial stability for the club. This will include planning regular fundraising events and even possibly sponsorships from local businesses and organizations in the community. 

The Sayreville Operation Smiles Club’s overall goal is to significantly improve the lives of kids who have cleft problems. Through their objectives and programs, they are improving not just the lives of these kids but also the school community and the wider community. They are creating a more inclusive world where every child may smile with confidence and hope for a better future by uniting together and spreading awareness.

If you are a student from Sayreville War Memorial High School and are considering joining, feel free to contact Ms. Santella who is the advisor for the club for more information.