Echo Lites

The Student News Site of Sayreville War Memorial High School

Echo Lites

Echo Lites

Polls

How will you celebrate Halloween this year?

• Watch Halloween/scary movies (45%, 9 Votes)
  • Eat a lot of candy (20%, 4 Votes)
  • Do nothing (20%, 4 Votes)
  • Go trick-or-treating (10%, 2 Votes)
  • Go to a costume party (5%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 13

Loading ... Loading ...

Club Shoutout: SWMHS TSA

TSA+Google+Classroom+
TSA Google Classroom

The Sayreville War Memorial High School’s Technology Student Association (TSA) is an exciting and newly established competitive club that provides students with a unique platform to apply their technology and engineering skills in both challenging and innovative contexts. Whether working individually or collaboratively as a team, TSA members find motivation in the inspiration and enthusiasm coming from being recognized for their proficiency in these skills.

The TSA competitions offer a diverse range of events, with a total of 40 options for high schoolers spanning various categories. According to the TSA website (tsaweb.org), these categories include Architecture and Construction Technology, Communications Technology, Computer Science and Information Technology, Leadership, Manufacturing and Transportation Technology, STEM, STEM and the Arts, and Technology and Research.

Beyond competitions which extend to the national level, there are numerous other benefits to being a TSA member. Being an active member of this club can allow you to gain valuable leadership experiences that can significantly contribute to your real-world skills. Additionally, the club provides opportunities to forge new friendships and network with individuals who share similar or different interests, contributing to your personal development.

Being a TSA member also opens doors to numerous scholarships and award opportunities that can assist in funding your college education. Importantly, the greatest benefit of TSA is not just its positive impact on college applications but the potential for real enjoyment if you invest dedication and time into the club.